Pages

▼

Saturday, 19 September 2015

Gaming Update

I’m not expecting to post many reviews between now and the end of the year. The few games I’m planning to cover will each take a lot of time to complete – MGSV, Mad Max and Fallout 4. In fact, I’m playing MGSV already and despite putting nearly 10 hours into it, I’m only 4% complete according to the stats.

I was in a bit of a dilemma whether to get Mad Max or MGSV first. I was more interested in Mad Max in terms of the licence and setting rather than the gameplay. MGSV, on the other hand, I was more interested in purely from a gameplay standpoint thanks to my experience with Ground Zeroes. But I can’t honestly say I was all that interested in the narrative, world or character aspects.

In the end, I decided to get MGSV. I should have a First Impressions post of MGSV up soon. I’m not sure how long the full review will take because there’s a lot to the game. Once that’s out of the way, the plan is to move onto Mad Max, which hopefully I’ll have time to complete and review before Fallout 4 drops in November.

I can’t say I have high hopes for the title though. I mean, I expect it’ll be good in the same way Skyrim was good. And I’ll probably end up sinking a few hundred hours into it. But I just have this sad feeling that, like Skyrim, it will also be a rather shallow experience that will require mods to flesh out and fix. I hope I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.