Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Work in Progress: ZS

With The Great Journey and High Strangeness now released, it’s time to turn my attention to my next project. As I may have mentioned previously, I still have two other books out with two different publishers which I’m still waiting to hear back on - WFTD & TLDK. I also have SOV, which I haven’t quite decided what to do with yet. Then there are two older projects I want to go back to – NI and AO.

Damn, all these abbreviations are getting confusing!

But first I’ve decided to revisit another old project - ZS. It began life as a rough concept four or five years ago, after which it just remained in my ‘ideas’ file. Then, a couple of years ago, I fleshed it out into a short story. But for whatever reason, it just wasn’t working for me, so I began work on a new project which became TLDK.

But I still liked the concept of ZS, it was just a question of finding the right approach to the material. So I’ve now returned to it, beginning with a serious edit of the original story with expanded and new scenes along with several major changes.

It’s intended to be a YA novella, part of a small series. It’s a combination of sci-fi and mystery. I’m planning on releasing two parts at once. The first is coming along and I’m drafting out ideas for the second. The two stories will tie together but also stand separately. They must each also end in a satisfying manner (no irritating cliffhangers), but also leave room to continue the story.

My goal is to have both stories finished in a month or two, but I certainly won’t release anything until I’m sure it’s ready. In the meantime, I just hope to hear something positive back on those other two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.