Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Work in Progress: TSOTS

I think in my last writing update I mentioned that I wanted to get one more project done before the end of the year, but I wasn’t quite sure what it would be. I had three potential projects lined up, but I actually ended up not doing any of them. Instead, I started work on TSOTS.

TSOTS is the sequel to one of my other books. I’d spent some time refining its outline and felt the time was right to hammer out a first draft. I knew it was unlikely I’d be able to get it completed before the end of the year, but I knew I could have a good crack at it.

So far, I have a little over 20k words written which comprises the first ten chapters. I’ve spent some time editing and revising those so it’s not too rough. I was hoping to get another ten done by about mid-December, and that still might be feasible, although a cold I picked up recently has somewhat stalled my progress.

So my new goal is to get about 50k words done by the end of the year. And if I can keep up that momentum I should have the first draft completed by the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.