Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Work in Progress: TSOTS

I was hoping my last update would be, well, my last before I finished this thing. But I'm not quite there yet. I'm currently working on Chapter 28 of a planned 34. My goal is to have these remaining chapters drafted by the end of April. So I'm still on target for my original goal. I have 12 more days to get this done.

As nice as it would be to lock myself in a tiny hole with zero distractions, there are always things popping up that need my attention, dragging me away from my desk. But hopefully I can keep those things to a minimum, at least for the next couple of weeks. I feel like I'm on a roll at the moment and I don't want to stop and lose this momentum. I hammered out over 6 pages this morning alone. Of course, when keeping up this kind of pace there's always the danger of burnout and (increased) insanity. But this is how I work. And as I'm sure I've said before, I wouldn't recommend it.

So this is it, the final stretch. In 12 days I will emerge from my hole with a completed manuscript. And that's when the fun really begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.