Pages

Thursday 15 January 2015

Steam Holiday Sale: Damage Report

It’s a little late, but here’s a damage report for the recent Steam Holiday Sale -

 
First up is Valkyria Chronicles, which I’ve already covered. I wasn’t too sure about it seeing as the discount wasn’t that great, and even after watching some videos, I had no clue if I’d enjoy it. But I decided to take a chance and I’m glad I did.

I was in a similar position with Ground Zeroes. It’s a new release, so not a big discount either, and GAMING CONFESSION: I’m never played a Metal Gear title before, so I wasn’t sure if I’d like it. But I do like the look of the upcoming Phantom Pain, so I figured Zeroes, which seems to serve as a sort of prologue chapter, would be a relatively cheap way to try it out and see if I might like it.

Next up – Metal Gear Rising. Because I figured – why not? From no Metal Gear titles to two might seem like a risk, but both games are very different. Rising was dirt cheap and made by Platinum who have produced some games I’ve enjoyed a lot, particularly Vanquish. It was an easy choice and the game looks suitably bonkers.

Then we have Assassin’s Creed 4. I’m kind of sick of Assassin’s Creed now, but I did really like the ship stuff in AC3 (it was probably the only thing I really liked) so an entire pirate themed game based around that might be pretty fun. At 4.99 I figured it was worth a punt.

My final purchase was Valiant Hearts which looks like a neat little game and something a bit different. I also got The Typing of the Dead: Overkill as a gift. I enjoyed the Wii version a lot and I’m having a blast with this edition, even though I’m shockingly crap at it. I would have thought spending most of the day typing would make it easier, but it turns out I’m utter shit at proper touch typing, especially when zombies are trying to eat my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.