Pages

Thursday 25 June 2015

Steam Summer Sale: Damage Report


Ori and the Blind Forest first caught my eye at E3 last year, and when I saw it on sale I decided to pick it up. I don’t typically play platform style games, but it looks bloody gorgeous and I’ve heard good things.

Life is Strange is a title I was always going to get at some point, but I’m not really fond of the episodic release schedule. My intention was to wait until the entire game was complete, but when I saw it on sale I figured it was worth buying now. The last episode is due to drop in July or August, which isn’t too far off.

Despite already owning all the Homeworld games, I decided to pick up the Homeworld Remastered Collection, if only for access to the included ‘classic’ editions without any of the compatibility issues. I’m already playing this through and though I have a few issues with the HW1 remaster, I’m enjoying it a lot.

This War of Mine is a title I thought sounded interesting, but what I saw of the gameplay looked a little dull. I wasn’t too sure about this one, but thought I’d give it a go.

And finally we have Transistor, from the same studio that created Bastion. I liked Bastion, but I didn’t love it, so I wasn’t all that excited about Transistor. But at only three quid, I figured it was worth a punt.

Overall, I think I ended up with a nicely varied selection of games to keep me busy for the immediate future. At least until they fix the new Batman. Bloody hell, thats a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.