Pages

Sunday 16 May 2021

Suburban Killbot Year 9

Well, I guess we’re still stuck in a global pandemic. And just when things seemed to be getting better, another variant pops up and it looks like things are only going to get worse.

I’m continuing to push my e-books. I’ve done free promotions and paid advertising and although they’ve given my work a short term boost, long term . . . not so much. I think most people do like the work, although getting people to leave a rating, let alone an actual review feels almost impossible.

I know from my analytics that those who read Queen of the Seven Spheres almost immediately go on to read the other two books in the series, which I wouldn’t assume they’d do if they didn’t like it. But nobody wants to rate them, at least on Amazon.

I’ve done better with ratings on Good Reads, but at the time of writing, Queen only has 7 ratings from the 200 free copies I’ve given away in promotions. I’m not sure if it’s worth doing another with such a low return. And I really need to write something new. I want to finish up the Hunter trilogy next, even if nobody ever reads it.

Here’s my updated mosaic. I guess I’ll see you next year. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.