Pages

Sunday 15 May 2022

Suburban Killbot Year 10

I considered making this my last post. It’s been 10 years since I started writing this blog and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep going. It was starting to feel a little like a chore to keep knocking out posts when I had so much other stuff to do.

But don’t fret, dear non-existent reader, I am going to keep posting because I do still kind of enjoy it and I do still need to get my thoughts down about various games because I have no one else I can rant to about them and I’ll go mad otherwise.

It’s also useful for my writing because I’ve not worked on any fiction for a few years and this keeps me in the game, so to speak. I do want to get back to fiction, it’s just a question of when. That’s not to say I haven’t been working on anything related to my books over the last couple of years.

I’ve tried various advertising campaigns and book giveaways without much success. I can achieve bursts of sales and engagement, but they never last and I end up spending as much if not more on advertising costs than I actually make back.

But one thing I have been working on and hope to reveal soon is physical print copies of my books, not so much to sell, but more for my own enjoyment so I can stick them on a shelf and feel all proud of myself. Also, if there’s a nuclear war and the internet goes down, at least someone in the post-apocalypse can read and enjoy them. Or . . . burn them for warmth in the nuclear winter wasteland.

I hope to have the first print book finalised by the end of this month. Hell, it might already be done by the time this post goes live. In keeping with tradition, here’s my yearly mosaic of all my top rated games. I think this year I might do a Top 10 Games list based on all the games I’ve covered. That might be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.