Pages

Monday 23 January 2023

Steam Winter Sale: Damage Report

The only game I’d really planned on picking up this sale was Spider-Man Remastered. I’m not a massive Spider-Man fan but I wasn’t exactly a big Batman fan either and I still really enjoyed the Arkham games. I also really enjoyed Insomniac’s previous game Sunset Overdrive.

House Flipper is a game I’ve wanted to pick up for some time, and a friend actually bought me this as a gift, so I just picked up all the DLC in a bundle. Sometimes, you just want a game you can chill out and relax with.

I think I first saw Kena: Bridge of Spirits during an E3 presentation a few years ago and thought it looked pretty neat. I kind of forgot the game existed, but when I saw it on sale I figured I’d give it a spin.

The Last Clockwinder is a VR game I’ve heard and seen some good things about. I don’t know if I’ll like it, but I’m always willing to try something a little different.

Why did I buy Mirror’s Edge Catalyst? I already own and have reviewed the game on EA Origin but to be honest, I totally forget Origin exists most of the time and then I forget games like Catalyst. And I quite enjoyed Catalyst back when I first played it. I didn’t think it was as good as the original, but when I saw it on sale for a silly £1.40 or so, I thought I might as well pick it up so I’ve got both games on Steam and I do want to play it again.

I’ve never played any of the Uncharted games but they seem pretty popular so I figured I’d give the Uncharted Collection a shot and see what all the fuss is about.

And finally we have Mass Effect Legendary Edition which . . . I don’t know why I did this. I thought I’d put the Mass Effect 3 trauma behind me. But here’s the thing – I still really love Mass Effect as a series, despite the absolute shit show that was ME3. And I do want to replay them in the future. I figured getting them all in one bundle with all DLC included was the easiest way to do that considering my current ME games and DLC are split between Steam and Origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.