Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2023

E3 Special 2023

It’s that time again! E3 but not E3 because E3 is dead! Long live E3! Sony were up first with a showcase that should have wowed us all. But no. Not unless you’re excited about a load of third party live service multiplayer shooters. They had Spider-Man 2, I guess, but that’s about it. I just really want Horizon: Forbidden West to be announced for PC already. Come on Sony, get your shit together. I want to give you money.

Summer Game Fest is still a thing but all that really caught my eye was Alan Wake 2 because I liked the first Alan Wake and Control was pretty fun. Wait, what’s that? EGS exclusive? F**k off. Star Trek Infinite Paradox might be cool, even though it does kind of look like a Trek Stellaris mod.

Ubisoft? LOL I’m not going to waste my time.

The X-Box and Bethesda Showcase was easily one of the best showcases in years unless you’re a Sony fanboy who desperately needs to believe that your plastic toy box is better and more successful than the other plastic toy box.

Fable is a game I don’t have much interest in given I’ve not played the previous games and have no history with the series. Plus, the trailer didn’t exactly give a lot away. South of Midnight had style but once again, not a lot of substance in terms of actual gameplay or any real indication about what kind of a game it is.

Star Wars Outlaws is maybe the one thing Ubisoft had that looked cool so I’ll keep an eye on it. Avowed from Obsidian might be good, but I’m obviously wary after the dull as f**k Outer Worlds. Hellblade 2 had a trailer. It wasn’t a very good trailer, but I’m still interested because I liked the first game.

Path of the Goddess looked pretty fun. There was also Jusant a climbing game in which you . . . climb. I don’t know. Maybe it’ll be fun. We also had a look at the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Phantom Liberty which I’m really looking forward to, not just for the new content, but the big overhaul patch accompanying it. Unfortunately it releases not long after -

Starfield. Ok, Todd, you got me. I’m f**king hype. Starfield looks like my dream f**king game. It’s like they thought of everything I’d want and put it into the game. I honestly can’t wait. But I know I need to be wary. This is Bethesda we’re talking about and we all remember that absolute f**k fest that was Fallout 4 at release. Don’t let me down, Todd. Don’t break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.