My original plan for Part 3 didn’t really work out the way I hoped. Well, it was okay, but it just didn’t feel natural in terms of certain choices for one of the main characters. As a result, I went back and rewrote a couple of chapters, which held me up a little and I thought I might miss my self imposed deadline. But, remarkably, I somehow pulled it together, knocking out about 14 pages in one afternoon to get back on track.
Things are a lot better now. Well, I hope they are. I’ve not read through the last 3 or 4 chapters since I finished. I’ve been taking a little break from the novel for a few days, just trying to knock a few more games off my backlog before diving straight into the edits. Overall, I’m fairly pleased how quickly I got the first draft done. I would’ve liked to have arrived here a lot sooner, but a number of delays, some expected, some not, held me up quite a few times. Still, it’s not too bad, I guess.
Well, I guess all I can do now is start working on a few edit notes. I’ve already got a list of things I need to tweak, fix, rewrite or cut. I’m looking forward to having a polished draft ready to read soon.