Pages

Saturday 19 September 2015

Gaming Update

I’m not expecting to post many reviews between now and the end of the year. The few games I’m planning to cover will each take a lot of time to complete – MGSV, Mad Max and Fallout 4. In fact, I’m playing MGSV already and despite putting nearly 10 hours into it, I’m only 4% complete according to the stats.

I was in a bit of a dilemma whether to get Mad Max or MGSV first. I was more interested in Mad Max in terms of the licence and setting rather than the gameplay. MGSV, on the other hand, I was more interested in purely from a gameplay standpoint thanks to my experience with Ground Zeroes. But I can’t honestly say I was all that interested in the narrative, world or character aspects.

In the end, I decided to get MGSV. I should have a First Impressions post of MGSV up soon. I’m not sure how long the full review will take because there’s a lot to the game. Once that’s out of the way, the plan is to move onto Mad Max, which hopefully I’ll have time to complete and review before Fallout 4 drops in November.

I can’t say I have high hopes for the title though. I mean, I expect it’ll be good in the same way Skyrim was good. And I’ll probably end up sinking a few hundred hours into it. But I just have this sad feeling that, like Skyrim, it will also be a rather shallow experience that will require mods to flesh out and fix. I hope I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.