Pages

Monday 27 June 2016

Steam Summer Sale: Damage Report


Steam sales just aren’t as much fun as they used to be. There’s no more daily deals. No more flash sales. There’s no reason to check back every 8 or so hours to see what’s new. Every discount you see on day 1 is what you’re going to get for the entire duration of the sale.

So although the sale is still ongoing, I’ve already made my purchases. There’s no more surprises to come. My first buy was Doom. Although I thought the multiplayer beta was terrible, everything I’ve seen and heard about the single player campaign has been extremely positive.

My second purchase was the Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3. I was planning to get this on release, but it arrived just a few days after Total War: Warhammer, so I really didn’t have time for it.

My next buy was Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I hope builds upon the very solid, if somewhat forgettable 2013 reboot. Hopefully there’s more emphasis on exploration, adventure, survival and actual tomb raiding this time, as opposed to tedious third person shooting.

My final two purchases were games I wasn’t quite sure about, but thought I’d give a shot. The first is Wolfenstein: The New Order, which I’ve heard a lot of good things about, and combined with Doom, should give me some quality single player FPS action it feels like I’ve been missing for a long time.

My last purchase was Batman: Arkham Knight, which if you’ve followed this blog is a game you know I was quite looking forward to, at least until it released in a terrible state on PC. But with a 50% discount, several patches and player reviews looking up, I decided it was worth a go because it’s still a game I’d like to play.

So although the sale may not be quite as exciting as previous years, at least I picked up a few things, and that means I’ll actually have some stuff to review over the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.