Pages

Saturday 4 January 2020

Steam Winter Sale: Damage Report


I had a lot on my Steam wishlist going into this sale but, with my time somewhat limited, I wanted to put together a small selection of games that offered a varied range of experiences and would keep me amused until March / April and the release of Half-life: Alyx and Cyberpunk 2077 – provided neither gets delayed.

I began with two more VR games – Blade & Sorcery and Space Pirate Trainer. And I still have I Expect You To Die to play, which I picked up last year.

I’ve wanted to pick up Shadow of the Tomb Raider for some time and with the release of the Definitive Edition and a generous sale discount, I figured now was the time to finally complete this new Tomb Raider trilogy.

Another game I’ve wanted to play for a while is Yakuza Kiwami 2. I’m not expecting it to be as good as Zero, but I hope it can impress me more than Kiwami.

I don’t know anything about GRIS which was something of an impulse purchase based purely upon its visuals. I hope it plays as good as it looks. I also picked up (not pictured here) the upcoming Total War: Three Kingdoms DLC – Mandate of Heaven. I’ve been wanting to get back to 3K for some time, so a new DLC and major game update is just what I – and the game – needs.

And finally we have Halo: Reach, part of the Master Chief Collection. I played Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach when they originally released, but that was a long time ago now. I recall enjoying Reach on 360 – I even beat it on Legendary if that’s anything to brag about – but I don’t know how I’ll feel about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.