Pages

Monday 20 June 2022

E3 Special 2022

It’s E3 but not E3 because E3 may never be a thing again which might be a good thing but who really cares? Let’s talk about some games that caught my eye!

Resident Evil 4 Remake – let’s hope it’s more like the great Resident Evil 2 Remake than the disappointing Resident Evil 3 one. Also, Resident Evil Village VR – but will it be PlayStation VR2 exclusive? I can’t say I care too much because I really wasn’t that impressed by Village and I don’t see what difference VR will really make. It’s funny / not surprising how the trailer focused exclusively on the Dimitrescu stuff and not the lacklustre Moreau or Heisenberg stuff.

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners 2 – Chapter Two: Retribution – the original remains one of the best VR games I’ve played, so I’m hopeful the sequel will expand, improve and refine. That title is silly though. Please don’t f**k it up, I don’t want another Budget Cuts 2. (Review coming soon! Spoiler: it wasn’t good!)

Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain – looks cool, but what is it really? A short theme park ride? A tech demo to show off the PSVR2? Or am I just being cynical? Will it come to PC? Will Forbidden West come to PC? I care more about that, to be honest, but I’d play this too. Honestly, Sony would be mad not to release their PSVR2 content on PC, even if there’s a delay.

Speaking of PC releases of Sony stuff, we also have Spider-Man now coming to PC. I’m sure I’ll give it a spin. Stray – a game where you play as a cat. That looked neat, I guess. And then there was The Callisto Protocol – which is a new Dead Space in all but name and I’m totally okay with that.

What else? Flashback 2? I don’t know what to think about this but I guess I’ll keep an eye on it. Fort Solis – creepy game set on Mars? I like Mars. Speaking of Mars, there’s also The Invincible – which isn’t actually set on Mars but it kind of looks like Mars so that’s okay.

Continuing the theme of creepy sci-fi we have Routine – it’s not set on Mars but on the Moon and I also like the Moon, and the System Shock Remake – which I’m pretty interested in even though I’m not a massive fan of the original. Maybe this new version will win me over.

What’s that? You want more creepy sci-fi? I guess Redfall is kind of creepy sci-fi, but it looks less creepy and more tongue-in-cheek. Left 4 Dead with vampires? Maybe not a totally fair comparison, but that’s the general idea. Scorn is definitely creepy sci-fi. Disgusting, creepy sci-fi.

The Last of Us Remake on PC? Thanks, Sony, keep ‘em coming. Don’t forgot Forbidden West, eh? Forza Motorsport – I really liked Horizon 5, so maybe I’ll give this a spin.

And finally we have the big one – the one we’ve all been waiting for – Starfield. I must admit, I got kinda excited about this. I know I shouldn’t. I know what Bethesda are like. But maybe . . . just maybe it won’t be another Fallout 4 disappointment.

The demo looked a little rough. The character animations look stiff. I’m sure there will be a f**k ton of bugs that will never be fixed but . . . for all its flaws, I sunk an obscene amount of hours into Skyrim. Granted, that was mostly thanks to mods but still . . . I wonder if Starfield can capture that same magic. I’m going to choose hope. Don’t let me down, Todd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.