Pages

Thursday 18 January 2024

Steam Winter Sale: Damage Report


I feel like I buy less and less each sale every year. It used to be quite exciting when you’d see a game at 50% off, but these days you realise the game is still over 30 quid even with the discount. There also wasn’t too much I was that interested in picking up. So here’s what I bought, and what I got free (or purchased!) over on Epic –

Baldur’s Gate 3 because how could I not play this overwhelmingly praised ‘masterpiece’ even though I’m not typically a fan of turned based or dice roll combat?

Sable is a game I got for free on Epic some time ago and reviewed on this blog – but I loved it so much, I decided to pick it up on Steam to play again.

I replayed Jedi: Fallen Order last year in anticipation of its sequel Jedi: Survivor, but given how poorly rated the PC port was, I didn’t get it at release. And, to be honest, I was still wary of picking it up in this sale because people say it’s still pretty broken. But it’s a game I really want to play so I’ll give it a shot.

Meanwhile, over on Epic I finally purchased my first game – Alan Wake 2. How could I not when the game was 20% off plus another 33% with a voucher. It was too good a deal not to take, especially when the game may never come to Steam.

I also claimed Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghostrunner and Ghostwire Tokyo for free which are all games I’ve thought about picking up but wasn’t totally convinced by. But free? Why not? I also claimed the new Saints Row but I don’t know if I’m actually bothered about playing it, and The Outer Worlds complete edition, which I know I won’t play because I found that game to be so f**king boring. I guess I thought I might want to try it again in the future? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.