Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Now Playing: Arkham Asylum

I’m not really a big Batman fan. I’ve seen some of the films but I’ve never read the comics. So although I heard a lot of good things about Arkham Asylum, it wasn’t something that interested me much. But when it went on sale recently at three quid, I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m so glad I did.


The game, overall, is excellent. In fact, I really can’t find any fault with it. It’s paced superbly, slowly dripping you more skills and tools as you progress, unlocking new areas and extras at a rate that keeps you wanting to play just a little bit longer. Combat, despite being a little easy, is a lot of fun, and there’s a great mix of puzzles, collectibles and exploration too.

Boss fights are…well, I guess one of the weaker areas of the game, but that’s really just a nitpick. Stealth is a lot of fun. Taking out a room full of bad guys silently has never felt so bad ass. My only major criticism would be that it's quite linear and lacks a little in terms of replay value.

I guess I’ll have to keep an eye on Arkham City and pick that up when it goes on sale too. I’m tempted to get it now because I enjoyed Asylum so much, but I’ve got plenty in my backlog to keep me busy in the meantime.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.