Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Work in Progress: Zero Sample

So I'm pretty happy with ZS: Subject 42, and ZS: Fragments now. Aside from a final, minor edit, both novellas are ready for release. Their covers are now also done thanks to my fantastic cover designer and you can see the finished images here - http://planetdagon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/zs-project-new-subject-42-design.html

Although I really liked the black and white covers I previewed earlier, I find these final designs more striking with the little dash of colour to really catch the eye. I could release them now if I wanted to, but I'm still thinking about releasing the third ZS novella at the same time. That's something I'm still working on. I have the first chapter drafted out and I've planned the rest. I don't have a title yet though.

As I've said before, each novella is self-contained with its own story and central character. You can read them in any order, but by reading all of them, you gain a larger understanding of the world the stories take place in. And depending on what order you read them in, you may discover what happened to a character before, or after, the events of one story to the next.

In addition to this Zero Sample project, I've also been working on a re-release of The Great Journey and High Strangeness. Nothing major - just a few formatting edits which you probably wouldn't notice anyway if you've already read it. I've also added a contents page to The Great Journey.

My goal was to get all this stuff out by the end of July, but that might be pushing it a little. It really depends how quickly this last novella comes together. I guess it's time to knuckle down and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.