Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

DayZ Diary: Part 1

This is my current (4th) character in the DayZ SA alpha. I dropped my first character from a building to clear a bug issue. The second was shot a few moments in, the third shot after a couple of hours. So with this one I decided to skip scavenging along the south east coast and instead ran north into the unknown.


And what did I find? Well, mostly I've just come across one completely untouched town after another. Food, supplies, ammo and even weapons in abundance. I haven't seen another (living) person for more than a week. Sometimes I have to check the player list to remind myself that I'm not totally alone in this world. But you know, I kind of like it.


Trekking across empty fields, stopping at ponds to refill my canteens and grab a bite to eat. It's actually quite peaceful and relaxing. Aside from, you know, having to axe the odd zombie in the face.
 

I don't touch a lot of the stuff I find. I prefer to travel light, just enough to see me to the next town. I've avoided using any out of game map, so everything I come across is a surprise. I just pick a direction and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.