Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Work in Progress: TSOTS

I guess it’s time for another update, although there’s not much to report. I have about 20 chapters drafted now (I say ‘about’ 20 because I’m currently restructuring) which amounts to around 50k words. If I break the story of TSOTS down into three acts, then this is the first two acts complete.

I was going to push on from here until I reach the end, but after reading through these chapters again, I realised they needed quite a bit of work. So that’s all I’ve really been doing for the last couple of weeks. Editing and revising. Chopping and changing. Just trying to get them polished up to a standard I’m happy with.

There’s an urge to rush, to just get back to the new stuff and get the first draft done, but I’m resisting that and trying to take my time, even if it means the first draft takes longer to complete than I wanted. But I think I’ll have a better book at the end of it as a result.

I’m looking at each and every line, breaking it down and trying to make it better. I always want to do better with everything I write, for every project to be better than the last. I want TSOTS to the best thing I’ve written, but for that to happen, I need to be patient and take my time. But yeah, I hope to have it done by the end of, uh, March, maybe?

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.