Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Work in Progress: QOTSS

Everything was lining up quite nicely. I finally got my old consoles and games sorted out and I had an idea for a new book I wanted to get stuck into. I drafted a few chapters to get a feel for the setting and characters, and I wanted to put together a plan that would see me attempt to complete a first draft in a couple of months. And, of course, allow time to revisit some of those old games I’d retrieved from storage.

And then I got struck down with acute appendicitis which f**ked everything right up. I’m out of hospital now though and feeling a lot better, so it’s time to get back to work. My new book – QOTSS – is a science-fiction/fantasy/historical (possibly) supernatural mix that’s just so bizarre it may just work. And although I’ve been set back by a couple of weeks, I still intend to get a first draft completed within a month or two.

One aspect I like about this project is that it’s split into multiple parts each of which tells its own self-contained story. They all interconnect, of course, and everything will hopefully fall together at the end, but for now, it’s nice to work on what feels like three or four smaller stories, each of which represents a close goal to aim for, rather than a single, distant ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.