Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Gaming Update

After finishing up Assassin’s Creed 4 and my second Attila campaign, I realised I didn’t really have anything new to play. But I didn’t want to jump straight into a third campaign, not with another content patch on the way.

I think I’ve said it before, but there’s not a lot coming out this year I’m really interested in. There’s The Witcher 3, of course – probably the game I’m most excited about. There’s also Grand Theft Auto 5 – if it doesn’t keep getting delayed. Oh, and the new Batman game, I guess, although I’m in no hurry for it. And…uh, yeah.

The Homeworld Remastered bundle is appealing, but I’m not sure I’ll like the changes they’ve made to Homeworld 1. And hell, if I really want to play Homeworld again, I’ve still got them all on my shelf, including Cataclysm which isn’t even included in the package.

I’d like to play Life is Strange and the Telltale Game of Thrones, but I’m not really fond of the episodic release format, so I think I’ll just wait until all the parts are out so I can play them through in one go. Back during the winter sale I was considering getting Dark Souls 2, but then I heard about an upcoming new edition with all the DLC and graphical upgrades/fixes. I might as well just wait for that.

So in the meantime, I figured I’d play some older titles on my consoles. I’ll be kicking off these retro reviews with two from the original X-Box – Otogi and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Once they’re done, I might play through some more X-Box titles, or maybe I’ll switch to something on Dreamcast or GameCube. I’ve certainly got plenty to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.