Pages

Friday, 24 July 2026

Steam Summer Sale: Damage Report

A rather lean Summer Sale this year with just four purchases. I had planned on picking up several VR games too, but with the UK feeling like a raging inferno at the time of writing, I’m in no mood to strap a heated screen to my face – those will have to wait until the Autumn.

First up is the Dead Space remake. I reviewed the original back in 2013 and liked it a lot. I’ve been meaning to replay it ever since and with this highly regarded remake on sale for only 4.99, I figured this would be the best way to do so.

And the Resident Evil 4 remake is a similar situation. I played the original on the GameCube at release but haven’t revisited the title in years. I did play a demo of this remake and was a little on the fence about it, hence me waiting for this sale. I’m curious to see if I enjoy this as much as the Resident Evil 2 remake, or if it leaves me disappointed like the Resident Evil 3 one.

Next up is REPLACED. I enjoyed the demo I played and wrote about recently, so this was an easy purchase and, amusingly, the only technically ‘new’ game I bought this sale because next up is Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade the first part of a remake trilogy.

I’ve never played the original so I’m curious to see how I feel about a ‘remake’ I’ve seen described as taking a very different path, with significant changes to gameplay, story and structure. I’ve had this on my wish list for so long now, I figured I should finally give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.