Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Now Playing: Torchlight

Torchlight is an action-RPG released in 2009. Games like this have never really appealed to me, but a friend persuaded me to give Torchlight a try, so I picked it up in a sale and gave it a shot. I played it for about 20 minutes before losing interest and then it sat in my backlog for nearly two years. Well, I finally decided to give it another go, and this time I got somewhat hooked into it.


It’s got a detailed, colourful world and characters, a plot that, uh, does the job I guess, and some fairly engaging gameplay. It’s not particularly complex. Click, click, click, loot, loot, loot – but I guess that has a certain addictive quality to it. You progress though levels of a dungeon, level up, loot stuff, level up some more and watch your critical hits grow. I didn’t find the game very challenging, although I did only stick it on Normal difficulty. It wasn’t until about level 33 that I actually had to start paying attention to what I was doing.

I think I’ll try going through this again in the future, but on a harder setting. I get the feeling that’s where the game starts to become a bit more interesting, as you can pretty much sleepwalk through the thing on Normal.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.